Pest Management Technician I
Ready to apply? Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Job Application”.
Here we GROW again! Come join a growing local business!
As a Pest Management Technician, you will be responsible for the identification and control of pests, rodents, and termites for residential and commercial clients. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy solving problems, be willing to provide excellent customer service to commercial and residential clients, and be coachable and willing to learn.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Job Requirements, Education and Specifications
- Controlling pests on-site in a variety of accounts.
- Physically inspecting a variety of residential structures to determine the presence of pests; calculating the severity of infestations and the degree of structural damage.
- Interfacing directly with homeowners, homebuyers, tenants and their agents regarding the work to be accomplished.
- Creating diagrams and graphs indicating the type, degree and location of infestations.
- Performing creative sales solicitations and providing estimates.
- Coordinating activities with the office personnel.
- Receiving and properly accounting for company funds collected during the course of business activities.
- Submitting all paperwork and collections on a daily basis.
- Performing other administrative tasks at the supervisor's direction, including compiling and submitting a variety of reports, and calling customers regarding service.
- Maintain company issued equipment and vehicle in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Ensures company procedures, state / provincial laws are followed to ensure the safety of themselves, our customers and the public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED is required
- You must obtain the necessary license or certification for the state/province within 3 months of start date
- No experience needed – all training will be provided
- May be asked to perform general maintenance, sch as empty the trash or sweep the floors, as part of the employee rotation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- You will work outdoors in all types of weather. Use and maintain safety equipment including bump caps, gloves, goggles, respirators, eye washers, first aid kits and spill abatement equipment. During a normal work day you may inspect, crawl and work in sub-areas, basements and attics of structures and work with or around fumigants, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, miticides, propellants, rodenticides, termiticides, and other materials commonly found in and around structures. Personal Protective Equipment and training of safe handling / storage will be provided by the company which will minimize risk when procedure is followed.
- Operate company vehicles, power sprayers, foggers, dusters, drills, vacuums and a variety of common hand and power tools and other equipment. Perform minor repairs on tools and related equipment as needed and must keep vehicle and equipment in a clean and safe working condition.
- 401k/401k Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
Supplemental Pay Types:
Learn more about this position and other opportunities with Champion Pest & Termite Control by visiting championpestandtermite.com/careers
- Day Shift; Monday through Friday, occasional Saturdays