Employment Term and Type:
Regular, Full-time (30 hours per week)
The Southeastern Ohio Center for Independent Living is a non-profit that works for the rights and concerns of people living with disabilities on local, state, regional, and national levels. The Independent Living Specialist supports other persons of disability and their families toward greater self-determination and self-advocacy. They determine consumer eligibility as well as develop and assist consumers to fulfill the goals identified in the Independent Living plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Community and consumer outreach;
- Development and implementation of IL plans;
- Connect consumers with resources to facilitate self-sufficiency;
- Orchestrate the five core services of Independent Living;
- Track and compile data for efficient annual reporting;
- Facilitate workshops to train individuals on life skills;
- Promote peer relationship and peer role models;
- Conduct presentations to raise public awareness to IL needs;
- Provide technical assistance to the community on accessibility;
- Work effectively with minimal supervision;
- Complete tasks delegated by Executive Director to facilitate the CIL success.
Candidate must have a BA or BS in Social Work, Rehabilitation or related field, or equivalent life experience. Experience working with persons with disabilities; ability to be self-directed and self-managed; effective communication skills; prior experience with workshop/training coordination; knowledge of community resources; computer and office equipment knowledge; ability to determine measurable outcomes pertaining to achieving independent living objective and goals; reliable transportation; ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strongly encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please send resumes via email to email@example.com.