Position Title: Childcare Program Director
Reports To: Senior Programming Director
Review Begins: Immediately, job is open until filled
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and References to: Susie Birdwell, Senior Programming Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Child Care Program Director at the Family YMCA of Lancaster and Fairfield County YMCA oversees the development and operations of the overall child care program, including pre-school- and school-age children, child watch, and summer day camp, ensuring the program meets its intended goals.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Manages all child care programs, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in the program; securing, scheduling, and maintaining the needed facilities; creating and scheduling the activities or events; and maintaining program records or files.
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Ensures compliance with federal, State of Ohio, and local regulations, licensing, and certifications as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate; ensures that YMCA program standards are met, safety procedures are followed, and that the program and YMCA remain in full compliance.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Step Up to Quality (SUTQ) requirements and other financial assistance programs to maximize reimbursement opportunities.
- Oversees the planning and coordination of child care special events and activities including but not limited to Healthy Kids Day, Send a Kid to Camp, and Family Appreciation Night.
- Oversees social media postings for child care programming in coordination with Marketing and Development
- Ensures completion of all administrative paperwork including, but not limited to, attendance, SUTQ, Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), incident reports, and others as required in timely manner.
- Monitors and regulate Publicly Funded Child Care attendees daily to ensure children are attending full-time, families are signing in, and applying absent days.
- Participates in recommended trainings and complete and upkeep Professional Profile in OCCRRA to ensure professional growth.
- Researches and applies for all grant funding opportunities to promote program growth and long-term sustainability.
- Assists staff in finding trainings and upkeep of their Professional Profiles in OCCRRA.
- Actively participates in Ohio Alliance of YMCAs meetings, committees, and education sessions focusing program area.
- Participates in local committees and organizations to promote or enhance youth development in our community.
- Reviews program plans and records to ensure consistency with evidence-based best practices.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success. Maintains staff schedules and evaluates staff performance.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents and caregivers, and community organizations (e.g., state child care licensing agency, school administration) to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Organizes or participates in Y activities, such as committees, special events, and fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee will be working at the Robert K. Fox Family YMCA and off-site summer day camp locations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to safely supervise program activities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.