Job Title: Marketing & Development Director
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Review Begins: Immediately, job is open until filled
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and References to: Jason Boothe, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL FUNCTION - Under the guidance of the CEO, the Marketing & Development Director will support the CEO with all administrative, project and communications needs. The Marketing & Development Director performs a wide variety of day-to-day duties requiring a high degree of accuracy and independent judgment. The Marketing & Development Director will be primarily responsible for the supervision and management of the Marketing and Fundraising departments as well as the organization and control of the flow of work to accomplish the objectives of the Chief Executive Officer in an expeditious manner. Managing project timelines and communication in a dynamic, fast-paced, and mission-driven work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of three years of YMCA experience-related experience within another organization preferred
- Strong sales and customer service background required
- Three years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff required
- Knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations required
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations required
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and trainings within 90 days of hire
- Assists in the education of staff, volunteers, and members about the charitable nature of the Y; leads assigned aspects of annual fundraising campaign and appeals.
- Increase the position and visibility of the Y as a cause-driven charitable organization that all in the community should support, which includes but not limited to, a digital/electronic presence.
- Creates an annual campaign strategy for the Y in collaboration with executive and volunteer leadership.
- Recruits, onboarding, and development of volunteers from diverse backgrounds and develops an effective, comprehensive annual campaign program. Trains volunteers in gift solicitation. Works closely with executive leadership.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop communication and campaign strategies to market the annual campaign. Supports plans for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting annual fund prospects.
- Oversees the data management of annual gifts and conducts regular analysis and reporting of annual campaign progress.
- Establishes systems for timely and appropriate acknowledgements of annual campaign gifts.
- Oversees prospect/donor correspondence.
- Create, oversee, and execute marketing plan for Association to drive membership growth.
- Staffs and manages special events, projects, and committees.
- Maintain complete familiarity of all risk management procedures and policies for the organization.
- Ensures operational membership growth of the YMCA through member recruitment and retention, pricing strategies and collaborations.
- Ensure association marketing and other materials remain consistent with the Association and Y-USA brand standards across all three locations.
- Coordinate and oversee photography assets, video production and media libraries for the Association.
- Work with public relations representatives to ensure maximum exposure for the Association.
- Maintain current corporate relationships, as well as recruit more corporate partnerships in the service area.
- Secure required trainings and/or certifications necessary for the position.
- Other duties and special analytical projects as assigned by supervisor.