: 40 hrs./ wk. flexible working hours
: 28K – 34K
The objective of this position is to manage all marketing activities for the Chamber of
Commerce using modern marketing methods to promote the services of the Chamber of
Commerce, its events and members.
Characteristics for the Job:
Candidates for the job must be somewhat of a Jack or Jill of all trades to fill this role
in our small but mighty team of four employees. We are looking for a savvy marketer
that gets stuff done. A person with a team player attitude who can be quick, agile,
and adaptive. Innovation and creative thinking are great assets for this job.
The person selected for this job will work for a well-known and respected non-profit
organization with a mission to advocate for local businesses and our community.
They will enjoy a small office atmosphere with plenty of fun and camaraderie with
fellow employees throughout their workdays. The opportunity to create and be
innovative. The opportunity to pitch new ideas and develop strategies. Working for
the Chamber of Commerce allows one to build hundreds of contacts with
professionals and business leaders representing our 500 members in Lancaster and
throughout Fairfield Co.
• Work with Chamber of Commerce team to promote our suite of benefits packages
for our members. Help to develop new collateral, social media campaigns, video
ads and advertising to support the packages. Support new marketing benefits for
Chamber Members using our Web-based CRM Tool called ChamberMaster.
• Act as webmaster for the Chamber of Commerce website, keeping the site up to
date with new content, images and news.
• Manage member advertising placement on our website.
• Assist members with member log-on and on-line membership benefits through the
Chamber’s CRM tool, ChamberMaster.
• Create, coordinate, and maintain the weekly e-newsletter sent to all Chamber of
• Develop creative marketing campaigns and tactics to promote the benefits of the
Chamber of Commerce and to provide an outlet to promote the members of the
Chamber of Commerce.
• Work closely with Member Services Director to develop marketing
strategies and collateral that assist in the recruitment of new members.
• Work closely with Events Coordinator to develop marketing strategies to
promote attendance at chamber events.
• Design logos, marketing collateral and email blasts to promote Chamber
events and programs.
• Develop press releases to announce Chamber initiatives and events or
member announcements. Develop and maintain a media distribution
strategy for announcements.
• Manage social media outlets as a marketing and communication tool for
the Chamber and its members. Develop strategic social media
campaigns to create awareness amongst Chamber members, potential
new members, and the community.
• Help develop a comprehensive annual marketing plan/strategy along
with budget requirements to support initiatives.
• Must represent the Chamber of Commerce with a high level of Customer
Service in-regards to its members at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education/ Experience: A college degree, subsequent training and or experience in
Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related academic areas
Ability & Skills:
Must possess advanced verbal and written communication skills. Must possess
excellent organizational skills. Experience in working with Microsoft Office Applications, Mac
Applications, Web Applications, Graphic Design Software, CRM Tools, Social Media and basic
video and photography.
: Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to Travis Markwood at the Chamber of Commerce.
For questions please call the Chamber at 740.653.8251 and ask for Travis Markwood.