Job Title: Facility Maintenance Coordinator
Full-Time or Part-Time Hourly Employee (29 hrs. or less a week) available
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Review Begins: Immediately
Under the guidance of the Chief Executive Officer, and in coordination with Director of Custodial, this position is an essential part of our Y team by overseeing all facility repairs and maintenance for the Robert K. Fox and RecPlex facilities. The individual in this role will communicate regularly with staff at various levels to ensure that staff and members receive immediate assistance related to all repairs and maintenance projects while providing a safe, clean, and well-maintained buildings and grounds.
1. Identify and complete repairs at the Robert K. Fox & RecPlex locations for the YMCA.
2. Assist with obtaining project bids from outside vendors for projects that require specialties.
3. Serve as coordinator with outside contractors.
4. Develop a master equipment replacement list with dates and replacement values.
5. Coordinate closely with the Director of Custodial.
6. Serve on the Buildings & Grounds Committee.
7. Assist with facility emergencies as needed.
8. Other related duties as assigned.
- Three years or more of related experience preferred.
- General knowledge of HVAC mechanicals, plumbing, electrical, and general repairs required.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Valid driver license.
- Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community