Job Title: Lifeguard - Seasonal
Starting Salary: $11.75/Hour
Application Deadline: Wednesday, April 24, 4 p.m.
To qualify the applicants must hold a current lifeguard certification and have the ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with Lancaster Parks & Recreation policies and procedures. Builds positive relationships with members and program participants through effective listening and verbal skills and creatively finds ways to connect them to one another and the Lancaster Parks & Recreation community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with Lancaster Parks & Recreation policies, procedures; completes related reports as required.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Maintains clean pool facility including restrooms and trash.
- Helps to landscape/mow grass area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Age of 16
- Certifications: Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid, lifeguard.
- Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental readiness
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with Lancaster Parks & Recreation
The City of Lancaster is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For a full list of job requirements, click here. Apply online through the City of Lancaster's website.